Tuesday, April 5, 2011

This week....prep

This week is already showing signs of changes and of flexibility - themes of my life (and everyone else's) but it is always in the forefront of my mind. Counselings sessions are rescheduled or cancelled and I'm left with a day that at first was very routine to me and turns out to be somewhat upside down. Don't get me wrong, it's God's time so I know that how my day unfolds as long as I follow Him is directed by Him (if I obey).

So today - just keeping a log - got up late (tried to stay up to watch Butler/UCONN -- should not have). Went to body pump (weight lifting class)...used very low weights and just relaxed. It was nice not really to sweat. A close friend is in that class and it was just relaxing to see her since I'm in this stage of "ick-ness".

Decided to jot over to Home Care to do social work stuff (review charts, update notes, recheck on past patients). Went to Grounded (an organic/health food store) to pick up some granola bars since we don't have any and ran into a lovely lady I haven't really got to talk to, but know that I would really enjoy a friendship with her. :) We talked about Indian food, how she prepares meals for her kiddos and marathons. It helped to encourage her to run one since she has been thinking about it and to demystify the process. I was encouraged by our conversation. But when I went to the register found that I had no wallet!! So I left and am here at home now. Next on list is an errand and going to Hibbett's to find a suitable shirt to run in this weekend that will hold my GU's and be comfortable. I hope to run in it today for 4 miles.

All to say - yes I am freaking out, no I'm not trying to think about it all the time and God has people coming alongside me right now which is soo awesome.

1 comment:

  1. All I can say is love you, love you, love you and praying for you! Like you said, it's God's time! Love you, Mom I'm sitting in a conference room waiting on dad. :) Grading papers and could access wireless here! :) Love you! I just can't imagine how it is for you but I am praying for you! God will take care of you. Because I know I can't...and I know He has taken care of me!

    ReplyDelete