Saturday, April 9, 2011

Itinerary - What Is Suppose to Happen

Saturday
Leave for St. Louis @ 9:00am...
Expo Center (Packet Pick-Up)
Chaifetz Arena (Saint Louis University)
1 S. Compton Ave. St. Louis, MO 63103
The Chaifetz Arena is within walking distance or a short drive from all of the host hotels. Parking is available at the adjacent garage ($5.00 fee) or meter parking close to the arena.

Walk around &/or drive some of the route

3:00PM CHECK-IN (get there early to request late checkout)
Drury Inn Union Station
201 South 20th Street
St. Louis , MO 63103
Non-smoking room. One room, two double beds, microwave & refrigerator, coffeemaker, 32 inch LCD TV EXTRAS: Iron & ironing board, hairdryer, comfortable seating, voice mail

JOG 2 miles to loosen legs

Supper:
5:30-7pm Drury Inn “Kickback”
I might eat at the potato bar – It’s FREE!
https://wwwc.druryhotels.com/

SUNDAY
Awake at 5:00 CST/6:00 EST to eat some carbs & begin to get ready…I might eat and turn over for 15-20 minutes unless I’m really nervous.
We are 10 blocks away so in order to just walk there, maybe jog a little, very little we probably need to leave by 6:15 CST/7:15 EST. Taking pictures along the way.

Race Time START (7:00 CST/8:00 EST)
Weather Report: high 60s-low 70s
There are several places on the route where you could see me again – we’ll map it out. Might be a good idea for us to bring a fold-up chair for you to sit in & BRING SNACKS FOR YOURSELF + water.

END – Weather Report: low to high 80s

We will pick a place to meet (PNC Bank Reunion Area) at the end if you can’t find me and vice versa. I hope that with the estimation of time that it will take me that you will be able to take pictures of me finishing.

Depending on Corral starts (I might not get to start line until 20 minutes after the gun goes off so we’ll guesstimate that I will finish between (12:25-12:55 EST) OR 4:05-4:30 hours.

I would guess & hope & pray that I will be around 4:20 or so.
Go back to the Hotel – for late check-out (1:00pm CST/2:00 EST) – take shower, rest a little, walk around & go eat Celebration Meal

LEAVE St. Louis about 2:30pm/3:30pm EST – Arrive @ about 6-6:30pm/7pm (might have to stop a couple times for my legs & eat somewhere on the road)

No comments:

Post a Comment