Friday, April 15, 2011

Recovery - Grateful


It's a little known fact that rest really does help your body. LOL (not that I am the best listener to this though). This past week has been most interesting for me and yet most needed. There were some rescheduling of clients so I could rest more and also just 'being' a little bit more. I was glad to mow yesterday but more importantly run 2.5 miles pain free and conscious of my pace but also my body. I did some light weight lifting and then swam about hmmmm.....700-750m.

This morning though I wanted to see where my legs were recovery-wise so I ran 5 miles on the riverwalk and WOW after about a mile I could kick up my pace and ended up doing the last two miles in 8:30 pace which is really good for me - especially with how much I just stripped & ripped my muscles up from the marathon.  I feel so blessed to be able to move now and just to simply run. After Sunday, I don't want to take for granted the fact that I don't necessarily HAVE to run but am privileged to do it.

Life is different when you see exercise as a gift and not as labor-some or as horribly hard. The sweat poured in the chilly wind and boy my body was happy it wasn't hot. Mark runs in the French Lick 10k tomorrow which is suppose to be in the 40s and rainy :(.  However, we're hoping to have Ian run in the "Kiddy Romp" before hand...he is really getting into running. We went to two track meets this past week and he could not wait until the meets ended to run around the track. He had pretty good form too!

No comments:

Post a Comment