Wednesday, April 13, 2011

STL Photos - The Experience

Preparation - All items set out...Hat, Chica Band, Bib, Advil, Garmin, ipod Shuffle, Shoes, Sunscreen, Fuel Belt, Shirt, Shorts, Socks, Chaffing Cream, Gels

Bib # 1623 
 Camera Happy - Jill is still Asleep!
 Need I say more?
 Last time for a Ponytail
Yes the bib # is on me!
 Locked & Loaded!

This is me, this is me before walking to the start...look at me, look at the start :)
 Waiting patiently & listening to conversations :)
 Beginning to move...focused.
 HI Jill! It's almost mile 7.
 Yay!
 Running away, packing the gels.
 Finishing: clock time 4:31:46 - my actual time 4:26:33
You can see the guy with the backpack a little waze behind in the green shirt. This is the lovely relay person that slowed down and I yelled "MOVE" to. :S  NOTE: Look for the yellow hat...
 Standing here, drinking water...very, very dizzy...
 So I look "with-it" but in reality I can barely see in front of me & am trying to look for Jill.
 Done! Just trying to relax & refuel.
This is what the finish looks like from about .5 away - can't even see it can ya?
This is what I saw towards the end.

And this is me after a couple of days - got a hair cut & proudly wearing my St. Louis Marathon BRIGHT GREEN shirt. I paid A LOT for this shirt! I will keep it until I'm 50 probably.

1 comment:

  1. I can't tell you how proud I am fo you! Well I can but you can't truly know how I feel unless you are a mother with a child that has worked as hard as you have and succeeded! I love you and pray that you continue to press on to the prize from the Lord with the zest that you have now! PTL Ian has two wonderful parents! He is so lucky! Love you!

    ReplyDelete