Saturday, April 9, 2011

The Night Before...St. Louis Marathon

Today was a good day of traveling, walking, expo (not very good), short slow 85 degree two-mile run around Union Station, driving the route (ugh) and preparing a plan for the route & mentally get ready.

The water stops are so sporatic (due to waters sources apparently) that it is hard to plan hydration and whether to wear a fuel belt or not which I don't want to do but will do for hydration. Jill has been most understanding and a great pit crew. :) We ate a FREE carb meal at the hotel (2 baked potatoes - oh yes be jealous) LOL

I can't get my head wrapped around running this many miles for some reason after driving the course...it is a lengthy course and not very spectator friendly. It was so hard to find the route based on their map b/c there is no description (GGGRRRRrrrrr). Alas, I will enjoy when I step across this finish line like no other. There was a Aussie pacesetter who cautioned me on my speed in the beginning (yes I knew this already) but did give some good advice about the heat and the winds. I'm not sure what to think honestly and am pretty anxious.

No comments:

Post a Comment