Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Strep Throat & Running

Today thinking about running, biking or resting...plus 3 counseling sessions (luckily very low caseload day). I was reading all of these running forums about what other runners are doing especially those who got sick right in the middle of marathon training like I am.

Conversation on Facebook
STATUS - runners: run with strep throat...rest?...bike?....just exhausted still, luckily only 3 sessions today, I think I can do that

Sara Priest West REST! (Sara's a friend from college who I played basketball with who is now a full-fledged runner training for her first marathon and a speed-demon in my book)

Kara Messmore here's the deal - this is day 5 I haven't done a thing -- Friday: the Conference, Sat...I rested, Sun...big rest, Mon...big rest, Tuesday (today) ? do you think that is too long of a rest? I have a 15 or 12 mile run on thursday

Sara Priest West I would skip today, try to do something light on Sunday morning and you should be fine.

Kara Messmore hhhmmmmm I'll consider, I do want to get over this, just not sure with the weather changing again that I want to let go of doing something while it's in the 70's - the thought of running those miles on THursday in the 40s - doesn't seem all that doable now
---------------------------------------------------
Well after this conversation I took a shower and got dressed for work and I am EXHAUSTED. So new realization, I need to take it easy and ease into it. I could see myself biking today. I'm just really bummed that the weather is going to turn cold AGAIN and that my supposed 12-15 mile run on Thursday would be in the 40's. I work on Friday and am on-call all weekend which is a big bummer since that is when I'd do my run so maybe Saturday after being on-call??? Maybe??

No comments:

Post a Comment