Monday, March 7, 2011

20 miler...

This day was pure loveliness...really it was. It was about 50 degrees when I left to go on my run which I knew would be something to talk about. Right when I stepped onto my first mile I kept thinking "ok when is this knee pain going to hit". It had been aching all morning and was aching right before I stepped out. Well the knee pain never came...it NEVER came and this 20-miler I was doing it by myself. I talked to God once again the entire time whether about my own fears - giving them to Him, prayers for friends and Mark, discussing various situations and clients.

It felt soo warm even with a pretty good wind. I looked down at one point and saw my legs...bright read...from wind burn but it didn't matter. I was on a mission. Below is the route I took. It was a new route for me that I had never done and I tried to keep it as flat as possible with some hills here and there. I ended up taking a short break to go to the restroom at mile 13 and then did a quick text to Mark to let him know where I was and that I was running to the church for my last 7. He encouraged me and it meant the world to me.

I kept going and it was a sight to see myself breaking through those last couple of miles. I was drained and my legs were tired...very, very tired. But I was so happy to run in shorts that I didn't care one bit and I finished! I finished running up the gravel side of the road to the church with Mark coming out the doors clapping, whistling and haulering for me. What support! I felt like a million bucks and like I had just won the Boston Marathon or something :)

No comments:

Post a Comment