Saturday, March 26, 2011

15 miles & "Circles"

Awoke at 4:35am this morning (alarm was to go off at 5) and felt somewhat ok to get up. I just figured well the more I lay, the less I sleep, and the more I lay, the more tempted I am to miss this run. See this run couldn't happen at any other time this weekend due to weather, on-call obligations & other plans.
NOTE: I now can make a ponytail out of my hair - it hasn't been this long in a very LONG time.
I get out of bed and begin to run (clothed mind you) and begin to remember why I was so disciplined to get up so early when it was just a mere 20 degrees out this past winter. I would not say it felt fabulous but the potential was there. Anywho I titled this run "Circles" because that is what I literally did around numerous neighborhoods around our north side of town...I just went around and around and then straight and around and around so the map looks pretty weird but I got it in! And after having strep throat I am happy with that. It was a little lonely but I talked periodically with God and felt my knee alittle but just kept going.

1 comment:

  1. I am amazed with how much you run and your total discipline! Yiu inspire me! You inspire me!

    ReplyDelete