Saturday, August 28, 2010

Summer's Simple Pleasures: Reflecting on this Summer

This summer has been a little bit of a whirlwind as most summer's are I guess. Ian has went from my "eerrrr" "errrr" - sounding guy to "this, this" and "apple, manna?" and being able to let us know more and more what he would like to have. He is taller and had this first real injury that went beyond a scrap and bruise.

Mark and I are trying to navigate through different routines and every-changing relationship communication about various situations. It really is ever-changing. Some days have been way too hot to venture out and some days have been so gorgeous that I can barely contain myself. We haven't swam as much as I thought we would and really have not done too many "summery" things besides going to Cedar Point (Mark & I) and then running through some little fountains. I think Ian has gotten his summer "fix" with Ms. Ambra during weekdays - playing outsides on the slide, riding the little motorcycle and jumping into the little pool this has.

I haven't eaten any more sandwiches than usual, which growing up we had sandwiches every-single-day. We're getting back into running but didn't run in the extreme heat.

No comments:

Post a Comment