Thursday, August 12, 2010

A Message

A Message to a Dear Friend,

I never thought of being a voice for freedom but that really resonates with me. I also found a quote as I was decluttering our kitchen this morning and it says "Inspire others to be their best by being your best." -- it was a Dove chocolate wrapper :)

I wonder if this isn't something God is really pressing on me letting me know that ultimately overcoming my own vices is once again...not about me and actually is attainable in this process I'm in the middle of. I see so many clients who are isolated in their own worlds and are not sharing their lives with others or allowing themselves to receive others' influence. It is only their own understanding and it is failing and not working.

your questions...
How are things going for you? What is on your mind most these days? How are things at church, home, work? Are you working now?

Things are going well when I take a breath out of the water, and acknowledge that I don't have to be so intense about things. Right now I'm trying to consider how to best connect with God and learn, love, and live for Him...while honestly figuring myself out (lol this part I should just let go of and do the God thing first). I know.

I'm not doing basketball anymore and Mark is still doing cross country. What is on my mind most these days? (GREAT QUESTION) the whole mom thing and professional thing....melding those two identities and really living in the present ---- it's a constant battle and Ian brings out the best in me and the worst in me. It is the wildest thing.

Church is going great, people are hungry and most seem to be getting it...home is cluttered and routine, work is fascinating, frustrating and a growth catalyst. I work on Mondays at the hospital doing discharge planning (social work), it is a pressure-cooker job...so many patients, so many tasks - you are always "on". Counseling (Tuesday-Wednesdays) really is a love and though I feel inadequate at times and ask God why?, people are growing. Unfortunately I am also seeing marriages falling apart before my eyes and I can't do a thing about it. I'm allowing myself to stay home today and do housework - something I haven't really done for a long time.

Ian loves to say "more" both in signing and talking...and he points to you if he wants to fist-bump you. yes fist-bump.

So let me turn those questions back around to you: How are things going for you? What is on your mind most these days? How are things at church, home, work?

No comments:

Post a Comment