Wednesday, January 20, 2021

Hope Changes Everything

It is a phrase that helped me through many days walking in grief with families and in uncertainty as parents were not sure if their newborn child would live or die.

It is a phrase that I held so dear and HOPE truly did change the perspective of the day. Good news that came or a kind word would shift the momentum of the grief.

Today I feel this same phenomenon with the signing in of our next President. 
I am not labeled a Democrat nor a Republican. I agree and disagree with many policies on both side and I'm sure I will disagree with many new policies, BUT even if President Biden's words are empty...they sure are unifying and HOPE-FILLED.

It's a welcome tone and a welcome hug honestly. 
I did not realize the heaviness and oppression that I was feeling throughout this past year, not only with the pandemic but with the divisiveness of our nation's leaders.

Each person has dignity and each person is a PERSON, a human living this life and impacting our world.

So HOPE changes everything. 



No comments:

Post a Comment