Thursday, December 15, 2016

Dream with Me...

I have always rationalized that I am not a dreamer...I'm a thinker and a hoper but not a dreamer...

But maybe it's ok to be a dreamer as long as your footsteps back up your wonderings...?

I am beginning to wonder if I worked for 4 years full-time and 5 years part-time to better understand where people (especially women) are coming from when they are creating their identities outside of the home.

I have also wondered if my view and respect of that experience will better help me in how to serve those women now that I have stepped out of that pace and desire to support them.

It is a very focused road when you are working full-time, VERY FOCUSED and it has to be. There is no lounging, relaxation becomes an after-thought if one is not intentional. I look back and after training for my last full-marathon working full-time and then doing two painting courses...I know most wonder "where did she have the time?"

My answer, "I didn't." I had the same amount of time that everyone else had. I just used my time very focused and intentionally. Watching TV became something of the past and reading books became audio books. Painting became an outlet on certain evenings and running happened before my family was awake.

Mark carried a huge load as a full-time working dad too. But we did and we made it through. Still I dream of simplicity even though my middle name might as well be complexity.

I dream of beauty, centeredness, joy and travel. I dream of hard-work while making a living doing what I love: making things for other people to inspire them and helping them move beyond themselves to achieve their braver selves.

I don't think it's an unattainable dream anymore; however, I know for a fact that the dream can't live within a healthcare system nor within a 9-5 type of scenario. Humans are too messy for that to be the case.

All this to say: I want to dream and step forward and I will. Come join me to create and step into your bravest version of yourself...I dare you.

No comments:

Post a Comment