Sunday, December 18, 2016

A Secret & Ready to Tackle a Giant

This is my reflection on that last 3 days of my life. Reflection is something that we as humans don't often do until something catastrophic happens.

I want to live my days with purpose and with wisdom. Mark and I went on a vacation recently to Boston and finding fresh vegetables is somewhat hard. Most things in the menu were carb/protein based and ladened with sugar and/or salt.

I enjoyed our time together and the different tastes of the area but I knew I wanted to prepare myself for something bigger. I ordered the 3-Day Refresh and had hoped to do it after Thanksgiving but found that I kept thinking "I need to go grocery shopping" when in reality, I was just fearful of starting and didn't think I had enough at home to succeed.

Once I sat down and looked at the guide I realized I have everything and that this fear is what is keeping me from doing. Fear of not having what I want, fear of wasting other food I had already fixed for my family like chili. Fear of MISSING OUT.

Then I just decided to begin on a Thursday. One of my big idols I go to is food, my taste buds and feeling trapped that I can't stop eating things when I start. So this would be a challenge.

But what I found was quite different and surprising to me:


* I did NOT feel deprived.
* I enjoyed the aspect of knowing exactly what I would be having.
* I really like drinking iced tea and green tea in between snacks and meals.
* My energy was noticably higher by the middle of the afternoon.
* It was so much more basic than I had anticipated.
* I learned how to choose vegetables that don't create so much gas (fiber, fiber, fiber) and so I adjusted and found what worked (carrots, advocados, green beans, etc).
* I learned that I drank WAY more water.
* I told myself "I can most certainly have that, but I don't want it right now."

* I felt FREEDOM...as much as I was helping myself to learn the discipline of restraint.
* I woke up easier and earlier in the mornings that I had been able to do.
* I could focus on my family and not on how much food I was eating.

AND MY SECRET: I decided to only keep my protein thinkThin bar in the mornings because 1) I still wanted to workout with energy & know how my body feels with it & 2) it kept my bowels from completely clearing out with the "fiber sweep" (at least that's what I assumed).

The results, more energy, 5 pounds of struggle lost, slimming of the waist line, no bloating, more water and fluids, enjoyment of my family at Christmas/birthday gatherings without thinking about all the food.


Now I can't say I was in bad shape because I wasn't, but I had felt my jeans get a little tighter from our vacation and the portions I had had.
Life happens. We adjust. Now to move foward.

My devotion reminds me that my persistent struggle is actually a blessing and leads me to God. It reminds me that I have weakness but that He can be strong in my weakness. He hears my cry.


Don't understimate what you cannot see. I am ready to continue to tackle this Giant. 

If you are inspired, let me know, if you are comparing let me know. Comparing won't help you any, it just makes you envious. Make changes, step forward. This took courage and this took risk. I made sure to eat my dinner meal with the boys so they could see healthy choices.

I don't plan to lose any more weight because I feel great. It's not about the weight, it's about overcoming the idol and the struggle. It ended up being more of a "fast" from those things that distract me and helped me to focus in on a deeper level with God and myself.

Check it out. It's worth it and recognize that two meals eating out with family takes care of the cost. You won't eat out and you will prepare what is best for your body.

I am now even more of a believer in setting up the best plan for you. The challenge pack is the best bang for your buck and will help you to consistently move forward and provides a 30-day free trial of Beachbody on Demand. Go to 3-Day Refresh® and Shakeology® Challenge Pack to view this package.

The other options for the 3-Day Refresh include: 


And lastly the cool thing is that 3-Day Refresh can be a KICKSTART with a fitness program and shakeology. For the New Year REALSolutions 2017 Challenge group will start up beginning in January. This is your chance to turn a new leaf and to make life-impacting changes all while having a coach to help keep you accountable and to check up with you.

21 Day Fix Kickstart and Shakeology Challenge Pack 

21 Day Fix EXTREME Kickstart and Shakeology Challenge Pack
CIZE Kickstart and Shakeology Challenge Pack
Country Heat Kickstart and Shakeology Challenge Pack
Club Kickstart and Shakeology Challenge Pack
INSANITY MAX:30 Kickstart and Shakeology Challenge Pack
PiYo Kickstart and Shakeology Challenge Pack 

Invest in yourself so then you can invest in others! The challenge packs also come without the 3-Day Refresh but now that I've done it...it works. It's insightful and the spiritual compenent cannot be denied.


No comments:

Post a Comment