Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Right Now...Eli 5 weeks


Today you are just perfect. You are beginning to coo more and to smile which makes up totally for any spit up that ends up on my shirt. You love to look at the walls of frames and to listen to Ian’s voice as he circles around you. You still struggle with the reflux some and end up quivering your bottom lip each time you spit up and seem to say “why is this happening to me, I don’t like it”. Your dark hair and bright eyes are gorgeous!  And you are so strong. You are already strong in your neck with lifting your head (you even did that in the hospital) and your legs prompt you to stand as if you already knew how to walk! You are getting better with tummy time and at 5 weeks of age are sleeping better in the night.

I am amazed by you and amazed by how blessed I feel. Each obstacle we encounter (and there have been a lot with you), we all seem to learn from and move forward with. I know that I have only “moments”  with you and then life begins its crazy routine and course when I go back to work.


I know I will miss you little face with me all day even though I won’t miss the fussiness, grumpiness or spit up but I will miss the expressions and even some of your firsts. But this is a season and you will grow and I will grow with you. What a great little human you are and I am so proud of you…and you don’t even do anything yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment