Wednesday, September 26, 2012

YEAR 32

I've heard that imitation is the best form of flattery & it is something that I do take from others. Thus, I will flatter a blogger that I enjoy reading (www.martawrites.com) - she is a new momma with her second boy - just as I will be soon & she embraces life as it comes. She is a graphic design person and I've found that I love looking at other people's works of art - although my work of art is in working with people and in conversations & perceptions. I've snipped portions of her latest post b/c it totally applies to me as well & she ironically just turned 32 as well!)

birthdays are my favorite time to resolve to be a new, shiny person.

am planning toenjoy the best things in life.
figure out how to get this baby weight off.
(any good workout tunes suggestions?)
care more about what i put into my body.
it'll be the last one for a long time.
am hoping to write in my blog or my notebook a lot more often.
more lunches with mark.
more long chats with "sisters" on the phone.
less time in front of the tv (we do this pretty well already).
more eating good healthy breakfasts.
finding opportune times to exercise.
will try not to avoid hard tasks.
i hope to be the type of person i hope my kids will be.
discipline with a lot of love.
go on more date nights! (try new restaurants!)
eat excellent desserts.
bathe in bubble baths.
feel less guilty about what i haven't gotten to yet.
participate in some kind of athletic event with friends on their bucket lists.  (totally all mine)
support mark in all of his!
learn a new skill: renegade sewing perhaps?  (again totally mine)
find ways to make someone smile.
build family traditions.
celebrate holidays!
be optimistic!
remember to read scriptures and apply them to my life.
start handmade christmas gifts early (like now).
try hard to remember others and serve them.
pray and communicate with God.
be kinder and ready to listen.
make others feel important.
live without regret.
be genuine.
be more obedient in God's calling for my life and mission.  (always a tough one)
make good decisions. (be more decisive!!) & intentional
make time to write sincere thank you notes.
enjoy this new season of life without fear or regreat & embrace this time.  (me again)

No comments:

Post a Comment