Wednesday, September 19, 2012

31 Things Learned at 31

In no particular order.....
1) 30's really are better than 20's emotionally
2) yep your body really does change after 30
3) intense grief can create intense growth
4) loss in this life becomes gain in the next
5) just because "I know" & think "it's not about me" my own tendency is to bring it back around to me
6) pride & humility are my continual battle ground
7) obedience - especially in a move, makes a huge difference & brings significance
8) my word "Mission" - is to love people, although this year I have been the one whose felt loved
9) moving forward & looking forward really does help the present --> I just can't forget to "be" present
10) "career" is a word that doesn't make much sense to me - I'm a personality, have & seek a purpose, work for God
11) I still have many questions - but I know eventually I'll live into the answers
12) God does "give much" & takes away too - for our benefit
13) true friends are ok with distance & your known faults...and love & pursue you anyway
14) THIS IS A SEASON
15) I really don't need to subscribe to magazines - only buy the ones I really want at the time I'll actually read them
16) couponing is slightly, well stressful! but does feel like Black Friday deals with each Ad
17) I like my hair short
18) a child does need discipline, boundaries & hilariously fun moments & rituals
19) pushing through my anxiety really does pay off
20) training for a race is really more about consistency than speed or outcome - it's the journey
21) pregnancy mellows you & forces you to recognize you are not in control nor were you really ever, you give yourself more grace & allow yourself to rest (& so do others)
22) with a spouse & a child you can really never just think about yourself
23) doing something on your bucket list may inspire others
24) my favorite words: abandon, surrender, allow, opportunity, grace, WOW!
25) selling a house (preparing it, is so totally stressful & freeing at the same time)
26) buying a house creates excitement & total uncertainty
27) Mark & are at our best when we serve one another without expectation
28) NOT being the preferred parent is hard but I am to love him anyway like God loves me
29) you can only go so long out of Bible study before your attitude gets sour
30) God does surprise me - I thought for sure part-time & He gave me full-time and I've loved it
31) I am so blessed to have both my parents living & time with my grandma is very important

No comments:

Post a Comment