Saturday, August 11, 2012

FALL Weather Makes Me...

FALL Weather makes me.....

* want to write
* reminisce of Louisville and Grad School (the studying, enlightenment, frustration, conversations & friendships)
* in Louisville our weekends of long runs (12-20 miles) while marathon training together as a couple, then going out to eat as a reward to awesome restaurants
* watching Ohio State football games (especially when we had cable)
* in Jasper, going to cross country meets as Mark coached
* when I was growing up I specifically remember going to soccer games in the morning in the Fall and then resting or going places in the afternoon of Saturdays
* the running races that are every single weekend and could fill up your calendar if you want them too
* the 2008 year where I prepared for little Ian to come into the world and relaxed to the hilt because I could (I was done with Christmas shopping & all of my crafts by the end of October that year)
* watching the FALL clouds roll over my head as an adolescent (it's wasn't too cold yet but just warm enough to wear a light sweatshirt & jeans to take walks in the woods or walk to my tree down the road)
* revisit old friendships that Life has interrupted
* think about my Birthday celebrations in years past (LOVED my 30th birthday & that year!), my 17th bday surprise party thrown by friends, a party I think before 1st or 3rd grade when I was "popular" in elementary) and just the intentional thinking that comes with one more year of life passing and one more year of life in front of me where I want to accomplish more things

 Yes, FALL weather I do think is my favorite weather....50s-80s.  Maybe someday we'll be in Colorado where it's experienced quite a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment