Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Just a Little

Having the urge to write just a little...a lot of change is happening once again in a couple areas of life. Summer in and of itself is a huge change with temps, my appetite, running and counseling. We are now beginning to move furnishings into staff offices at the church and it is a little overwhelming thinking about what might go best in a therapy setting. I've just always have done with what was given to me, but now that I might have some input into what would be most "therapeutic" it's a little daunting.

Counseling sessions are either becoming more check-ins with people since they are currently working on things or crisis situations which often becomes a place where I am given the opportunity and challenge of walking with someone through their pain. I have to be honest in saying that it is not easy and sometimes I think that I'm too sensitive and am unable to really place their pain where it should be placed for me to continue on in my day once the session is done.

With temps in the 90s there is no way I am going to run and thus, early morning activity is the only activity I will do outside of a pool. I'm tryng to think of more activities to do with Ian now that he is older when we have time with him. The poor thing though gets so hot and has my skin so he will burn and get so red.

No comments:

Post a Comment