Saturday, May 14, 2011

Duathlon

Spirit of Jasper Duathlon

This morning was a new experience for me, one that included cycling along with running (run 5k, bike 15 miles on a very hilly course, run 5k) and as hard as it was - it rocked!

I achieved a time of 1:51:27 which equals 5k 27:34, 15 mile bike 54 minutes, 5k 27:02.  And well I'm pretty excited. My legs had a little bit of a hard time up a lot of the hills but the Trek Road Bike I have made up for all of it. I ended up passing 6-7 people on the cycling course who beat me on the 5k run inititally b/c I think I had the road bike.

Here is the route:

I don't think I could be more happier and it really did feel good. Mark and Ian were along the route at various time which was awesome and so motivating! All the volunteers were great and the participants were wonderful. I may be an "Average Jane" (no offenses to Janes out there) but I do think that I'm a pretty steady average Jane and am so proud of the legs God gave me today!  Cheers!

All the stress of various circumstances just melt away as I run these races and it does make a huge difference when I can see my little boy cheering for me (even if he is sitting on a curb eating a granola bar happily) - he at least gave me 5. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment