Tuesday, May 3, 2011

It's Been Awhile....

This past several days we have been blessed to hang out with the Messmore's (Mark's family) and it was very lovely. The difference during this trip for me (and this is me being very transparent) is that 1) Ian is older and more versatile with this routine and 2) my heart was guided much more by God and not by me.

It was a different experience for me to do my Breaking Free study each morning and also to exercise (to run in town - 10 miles on Saturday & 4 fast miles on Monday). My mind was so much freer and my time with God was quite noticeable to me. I didn't try to figure out schedules or expect certain things from myself or others. I just went with those two things in mind that I knew I needed to focus on for myself (study & running) and just let the rest fall in place. I also made it intentional to not overeat and did very well with the exception of one meal. :S

Ian had a blast and spent time with his cousins, grandparents and aunt & uncle. It was so much fun to watch him enjoy their presence and playfulness with him. He cuddled with them, ate with them and also had his own playtime where we were able to watch him do "pretend play" and boy was he good! :)

Mark did 3 messages (sermons) for a revival at his parents' church and so he was busy doing that which was awesome. And he took the time to interact with family and to see Ian just blossom before our eyes. The ride there was awesome and seemingly quick at 6:30 hours - the ride back, not-so-much but we endured and even got to see my grandparents. Grandpa opened up his eyes for a little bit to see Ian and us which was priceless then went back into his "sleep state". I just hope Grandma gets some rest tonight.

More pictures to come later...

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for teh call and for this posting! The pictures are cute. Thanks for sharing about grandma and Grandpa. I'm sure you made Grandma's day!!!! Love you, Mom

    ReplyDelete