Sunday, November 21, 2010

Route 66 Half-Marathon

A NEW PERSONAL RECORD: 2:00:55



This was a beautiful morning 64 degrees with a bit of a wind and lots of fun! I was expecting it to be at least 50s or worst 30s. It was a slightly hilly course around neighborhoods and city streets and then branched out into the riverside area which is beautiful, over a couple of bridges where the wind kind of pummeled you and then flats. The worst part was between 10-12 for me though - it was flat (so I could really feel my legs) and there was a wind against us at all times. I lost focus and dropped to a 10:00-10:15 minute mile and that killed my attempt to break 2 hours for the race but I did finish out strong at mile 13 and did as well I could have. It was wonderful and not really painful - more of a mental thing.





No comments:

Post a Comment