Wednesday, November 3, 2010

A Little Disoriented

Life is disoriented for me...a huge situation involving multiple dilemmas in my counseling world, unending tasks with Social Work jobs, kitties that might still have fleas, arranging my schedule to get 6, 8, 12 miles runs in each week at some point, and figuring out "how is this suppose to work while following God's plan?" How does the cleaning, the playing, the cherishing and the love live in this space?

It doesn't make all that much sense to me - deception, seduction, lying and manipulation besides our humanness coming out which jeopardizes relationships, friendships and families. I realize I have a hard time with people lying to me although I realize that in reality, they are simply telling me one piece of the story or puzzle and choose to leave out the rest for whatever reason. I know that we all do it at some point in time in our lives but it is so hurtful and even possibly harmful if we do it with our closest people.

Those intimate, spirit-filled friendships we have where we are given emotional fuel to battle the day to day stuff in life are so important to me. I could not imagine not having those nor even worse pushing those away or abusing them for my benefit. It is apparent that godly people really can do ungodly things and that none of us are immune. It is just what path or direction we choose that makes all the difference.

I pray to choose the narrow path, to choose the path less travelled and to choose Christ and His direction. I need not be judgmental of others or look down upon them for choosing another path but simply to see them in grace knowing that God has given me grace. I choose to work through healing, forgiving and moving toward joy and seeing the best in others.

No comments:

Post a Comment