Friday, February 5, 2010

Initial Thoughts on "What Not to Wear" Day

Today was the big day I was sort of dreading but excited about...my friend was going with me to Louisville to pick out and try on a new wardrobe (at least the start of one for me).
We kind of had a time-crunch since I had to meet with some other people while there but in the mean time - she picked out all the clothes (off the clearance racks at KOHL'S) while I stared into space and walked the little cart around - all-the-while piling on more and more clothes (it almost tipped over at one point). Occasionally I would look up and say "woah, no way" but otherwise I was willing to try most everything. I kept thinking Stacy or Clinton from "What Not to Wear" on TLC was about to jump out of the racks at me when I did venture off and look at what I thought were "cool" clothes or potentials.

Luckily I did somewhat know my size from previous shopping trips though I never would have picked out even 1/2 or a 1/3 of what she picked out! Purples, greens to name a few. But as I tried on each top and different pair of pants - it was actually fun and a little exciting. This was a first for me.

After two and half hours we exited the store with I think...4 dress pants, and maybe 6 tops? (I'll have to recheck) plus like $150 in savings and then after my meeting ended up at Sears to take home 3 pairs of shoes that automatically fit!! Only one pair of heals mind you and they weren't too bad.

So all in all with discounts, clearance, a gift card and perseverance I now might look like what I know (does that make sense?) -- a professional and with some sort of style. :) Next comes some jewelry which is a hard one for me. I don't know if I can spend some money on "charms" or necklaces.

After that, the hair cut (possible highlights [the first in my life]) and later a more toned body. So it's a start - I'll post a couple of pictures of the venture.

No comments:

Post a Comment