Thursday, January 28, 2010

What Not to Wear

I would most definitely be a candidate for the Cable show "What Not to Wear" since my staple clothes are jeans, t-shirts and sweatshirts. It is rare to see me "dressed up" and my dressing up includes nice pants and a nice shirt. So I enlisted my friend Shannan to help me out and one night she and I (mostly she) emptied out half of my closet. There was a huge pile on my bed and I was able to take some to My Best Friend's Closet to get some cash but the majority of the pile was not accepted respectfully (those clothes are not in style at all).

So what I need: clothes that actually fit my body type
* nice slacks * in-style tops * long-sleeve nice tops
* cool jewelry * shoes with actual heels
* some slimming under-layers * did I mention shoes (I HATE shoe-shopping)

Shoe cost waaayyy too much and if they hurt my feet then there is no reason I should be wearing them. Shannan says "style is pain" - now that is dramatic so we'll see.

* shapely sweaters * skirts * hey a new hair-cut would go nicely with it as well!

Now I just have to figure out what I can squeeze out of our budget in order to get some of these items and begin a rebuilding of a wardrobe for professional attire, causal wear, and then at some point "appropriate" sport wear.

No comments:

Post a Comment