Saturday, January 16, 2010

Sick ALL Week

I didn't realize I hadn't written here this entire week but I have been sick and not really online much. God has been doing a lot with me and showed me several things this past week:

* when I read more and research more again about counseling & the therapeutic approaches I feel so much more competent in my profession (it is so true)
* God is bigger than me and He knows what people already need
* speaking with close friends really does help me out so much --- it's about feeling loved and appreciated
* as my facebook status at one point said: "living in a slower world and realizing that this life is more about people than productivity or even success (sickness does that to you)"
* my craft area and creativity needs to wait while I grow in my professional knowledge and intuition (I've slacked on that)
* it's about people, people, people and their stories
* no tastebuds = good portion control & easier to stop when full
* little boy learned to walk in circles around the basement pole and thought he was so amazing doing it!
* communicating with Mark is such a process & hard work -- it helps counseling couples and seeing where they mess up sometimes, it motivates me to work harder and to give Mark more grace when he doesn't "get" me

No comments:

Post a Comment