Friday, January 29, 2010

Sick Ian and Motherhood, Running

I did not get to do "What Not to Wear" today shopping trip due to Ian's sickness. It wasn't the most fun day I've ever had and at times it really wore on me but in the end my little guy went to bed happy with a full belly from cereal and a little bit of milk. Whitney was nice enough to come over mid-day to entertain him and then have him at his first boy's JV basketball game while I went grocery shopping at Walmart. It never ceases to amaze me how friends are so crucial to my own livelihood and sanity! :)

I have found that when Mark is gone for a trip, I enjoy the quiet in the house so much more at night and find it hard to go to bed. It's almost freeing to know that I can do what I'd like within reason. We usually miss one another after a couple days but find it nice to be apart during those first two days.

I'm watching a Triathlon in Britain and just wishing that I felt the motivation and urge to run. I'm trying to summon the memories of each marathon and the feelings that I had during the runs. I think it is just starting that is the hardest for me to do right now. If/when I start and am two weeks into training then I will be ok - but until then I just beat myself up. We've paid to go to the Pig (Cincinnati) but with Ian it's just not as easy. Oh well - this is a boring post but at least I'm caught up with the experience of being with Ian all day, thinking about fixing more food, and finding new creative ways to stay sane. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment