Wednesday, May 8, 2019

Release Revolution :: Throw Off What Hinders Us

So what is it?
What is it that is hindering you today?

For me, it remains distractions.
Distractions hinder me...whether they are possessions, social media, clothes that don't fit anymore, the chocolate calling me from the pantry or freezer, the broken friendship where we don't talk anymore...
What is it?

Lately, I sense the need to throw off "busy". In fact, I want to "boycott busy" as Courtney Carver says in her excellent book "Soulful Simplicity". There is a badge of honor in our culture for 'busy' and we continue to exacerbate it by constantly talking to one another about it and almost one-uping each other about how much is on our plates.

It's ridiculous. So for 21 days (like a challenge) We Boycott Busy by Slowing Down

Here is how:
1. Stop talking about it. (Days 1-7)
    ban the word "busy" from your vocabulary and ask better questions like "What made you smile today?" "Did anything interesting happen today?" rather than "How are you?"
2. Do less. (Days 8-14)
    Rather than searching for more efficient ways to do it all (hello-pinterest), do less. Say no more and do what matters most to you. Work with people who want your best and not your busy.
    Each day for these 7 days eliminate one thing off of your to-do list. Don't postpone it, just let it go (ok, mailing off items, buh-bye).
    Know your strengths: what do you do best? What can you delegate or release completely?
3. Linger, longer. (Days 15-21)
    Listen to the slower voice in your head, "you can stop now...it's okay to be still and listen to your soul or stop to say a prayer." Savor good food, conversation or views. Breathe. Lose the guilt. The opposite of a busy life is a a full and intentional life.

What hinders you?
What hinders me?....perfectionism, expecting myself to be other worldly and not have all these human feelings and aspirations

doubt hinders me...questioning is natural and part of life, but doubt halts the curious process and moves me away from my faith in seeing what is unseen

So I will allow perfectionism and doubt to flow through my hands and away from my mind and body and soul...it doesn't serve me.


No comments:

Post a Comment