Saturday, May 11, 2019

Release Revolution :: Things I Cannot Let Go of Yet

Who would have ever thought that letting go of things would feel almost as traumatic and losing a precious memory?

I cannot yet let go of:
* Knowledge - items that bring me more knowledge (papers I've printed out, certain book subjects that I love or desire to learn more about)

* Handprints - my boys' handprints on ANYTHING (I've even taken pictures of the mementos telling myself "Ok now you can get rid of the physical piece.") I was given a turtleneck years ago that a babysitter then placed handprints of my oldest child and the feet of my youngest child (who was literally 3 weeks old) and although I've never worn it because it's too large...I cannot part with the physical piece of it.

* Dr. Seuss Books - the fear of missing out on what my boys could learn is what keeps me and the absolute joy of having such a collection of hard little Dr. Seuss Books that we can celebrate in one week out of the year in his birthday week

* gifts that have not been used but are perfectly packaged

* event calendars (FOMO big time holds me on these)

* older workout videos, DVDs and instruction guides (these were so good and worked! I can't get rid of them! What if I don't have access to WiFi and need a DVD instead?) And of course what I default to: I paid good money for these items that I don't use now!

No comments:

Post a Comment