Saturday, October 12, 2013

Thoughts on Right Now

With all the things I am reading (i.e. Smell Like Sheep; Leading and Loving It blog; Chazown purpose statement; pinterest boards about running, Halloween, Thanksgiving, pathways):

I caught in the mystery of: "how on earth am I to make even more time either for myself, for my kids, to be a good-creative-inspiring-godly mother and wife and to cook?!"

It's a frustrating journey at times working full-time and expecting so much of myself when I know that "simple is best" and that "less is more." I used to have a very large system of creative bones that over time have lessened and weakened to the point that I just get frustrated knowing that I can't complete the creative endeavor in the time-span that I have to accomplish it. So I don't even start it. I used to really enjoy creativity and projects.

There was a time in my life (very young though) that I thought, hey art therapy is what I'm going to do, then I picked a boy over art and music over art and well in retrospect I was just scared and wanted to stay in my comfort zone.

Each time a painting class or some sort of mixed media class pops up in my attention-span, part of me longs to just do it to see if I'd really like as much as I think I might. I might call it a regret that I didn't do it or just a shift in direction at the time.

I just wish I could be more things to more people but I can't. I know that God has made me for a specific purpose for His Kingdom and it's really not up to me - it is but I have a lot of foolish thinking that gets in the way - I'd rather be obedient and blessed rather than rebellious and filled with pride which leads to pain and hurt or in my case depression. "I am fearfully and wonderfully made."


No comments:

Post a Comment