Thursday, October 10, 2013

Challenge: {Smell Like Sheep} Praying the Psalms

Spiritually challenging myself - feeling led to move farther from my wisdom and closer to God's wisdom which in the eyes of the world is foolish.

God is preparing me to mentor, to guide and to encourage and in doing so is mentoring me, guiding me and encouraging me. It takes small steps to move in that direction and cannot be hastened.

1st - read through the psalm, then repray the psalm

Pray one psalm aloud each day - read it then pray in first person then pray it on behalf of someone else
Becomes Tools in your head & heard - psalms would be helpful in situations with people and in encountering God in different ways

Memorize one psalm per month

Gather around one or two people to pray and memorize the psalms

No comments:

Post a Comment