Sunday, October 27, 2013

Chicken Tetrazzini - Pasta Night

Chicken Tetrazzini
a “mommy meals” staple (a.k.a. perfect for bringing to a family in need of dinner!)
Ingredients:
1 7oz package of spaghetti (I broke the noodles into 2 inch pieces before boiling. Fantastic way to help out the little peanuts in your life.)
3 cups chopped cooked chicken (Another rotisserie chicken use!)
1 cup (4 oz) parmesan cheese
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 16 oz jar of Alfredo sauce (I found a light version.)
1 cup frozen peas
3/4 cup chicken broth
1/4 tsp pepper
Method:
Preheat oven to 350. Prep pasta according to package directions. 
Meanwhile, stir together chicken, 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, and rest of the ingredients; stir in pasta. 
Spoon mixture into a lightly greased 9×13 baking dish. (Or split it into 2 8×8′s like I did!) Sprinkle with remaining parmesan cheese. Bake at 350 for 35 minutes or until bubbly.
I froze one of my 8×8 pans before baking. When I want to make it, I’ll defrost in the fridge overnight and pop into the oven at dinner time. You could also just bake from frozen if you can put it in longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment