Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Tomato & Mozarella Panini: Thoughts of Louisville


I had a Tomato & Mozarella panini at work today and the taste immediately brought back experiences from Louisville during Grad school and during supervision days after we moved to Jasper, Indiana. Eating that panini was so pleasant and just made me slow down to think of what I loved about Louisville and about that season of my life. It was hard and rewarding. I had a hard time with the stress of the assignments and what was expected me of me but I did really well with understanding people and trying to better understand myself. It was a searching time for me as far as becoming a professional in the marriage and family therapy landscape and it was a refreshing period of time in the sense that I had a focus and a purpose to accomplish. I also starting running during this time and falling in love with the movement and energy it gave me. I loved the cold Louisville runs after classes or the warm runs on Southern Parkway from campus to our townhome. It was a season without too many responsibilities and just enough freedom to get and go as we pleased. We'd eat what we wanted, went out when we wanted and all around enjoyed ourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment