Thursday, September 19, 2013

Looking over my 32nd Year of Life

It is ALWAYS good to reflect and review another year of life. It create gratitude for where one is and reminds me that I've gone through tough stuff and have lived and I will continue to go through tough stuff and will get through it.

Last year at this time I was eagerly preparing for Elijah to enter the world and although I didn't even know his name at the time I knew that I had had a pretty awesome and moving 31st year of life. So to begin the recap of this 32nd year - I will start with random things:

most notably watched TV shows by me: "How I met Your Mother" and "New Girl"

new phrases I've told Ian a lot to learn about life: "Too bad, so sad" "Boring people get bored"

studies gone through church: Discipleship Essentials and Chazown; classes: They Smell Like Sheep

favorites moments of the year: when Eli began to sleep through the night and I would feed him before bed time and cuddle; Ian being excited about "muffin day"

most stressful time: coming back from maternity leave and not sleeping with Eli & moving during January

sadness moments: loss of John Simeon Kimmel and visiting my dear friend Karissa right after his loss; loss of Tracy and feeling so down from leaving friends in Jasper

elated moment of the year: coming home from our vacation around our anniversary time and Mark had the hall way upstairs and stair area all painted by our friend Brian (SO PSYCHED!!!)

learning moments: running inconsistencies, learning how to mother 2 children and make time for time with Mark; cleaning a bigger house isn't always fun


No comments:

Post a Comment