Saturday, March 30, 2013

Run-on status: Thoughts

Did my 8 mile run this morning and it's amazing how many thoughts one person can have in that amount of time!

Ran through our neighborhood to 25A here in Troy and then on to Miami River Recreation Trail for the rest. I got to Tipp City and turned around. Through that time, my thoughts ranged from: mentoring,
to someday doing therapy again,
to the sound of the river beside me (LOVE THAT SOUND),
to how much I miss doing this,
to what really is my favorite song, phrase, color, verse,
to what I might say in my talk about Depression & Emotional Resilience coming up,
to how much I miss my parents and my "tree" back home,
to how I can't wait to have Ian and Eli along with me someday,
to isn't this 3 minutes of running over quite yet for a walk,
to I have such a great husband-wish he was with me right now,
to I can't wait to ride my bike on this trail and go into Dayton,
to what if I trained for an Ironman while working full-time and ride my bike into work and then back (how long would that take?)
to I love this jacket,
to I want to beat the pace of the runner who I just saw,
to I wish I was in better shape to go faster,
to pretty shoes!,
to I can't wait to run with Rachel Harvey in her first half marathon,
to "WOW, I'm back to training for this half marathon in just 5 weeks like I did last post-pregnancy,"
to thank you to my Heavenly Father for the gift of movement,
to being grateful for my relationship with my Savior,
to going through the timeline of this past year: moving, job, friends, baby, moving again, life.

If my body could take it all the time, I'd run all the time but it can't take it. So...triathlon again?

No comments:

Post a Comment