Sunday, December 4, 2011

December Daily - Life & Expectations

This year with everything going I'm opting to make our December daily pictures & traditions more simple and small.

We've been traveling a lot, Ian is growing up so much and although I have not exercised once since November 17th, I am somehow still able to fit into my clothes which is a blessing.

I'm having to become a list-maker again and needing to refocus life and expectations. Disappointment has been a running theme this past year in some areas of our life and yet other areas have been blessed. I'm seeing how as each year goes by that people truly do become wiser and have more opportunity to turn from their wicked, fleshly, selfish ways. New creations and renewed minds...have taken on new meanings to me. I'm no longer the teenager or 20-something who makes my mistakes over & over and then wonders why I struggle so much and there are consequences. However, I'm also not the 30-something yet who understands that quicker repentance leads to quicker restoration...or that more cautious & wise preparation leads to more wise choices.

How did I not get all of this before? I read about it, but it doesn't register until life experience fulfills it. I guess I'm more human than I think and more inclined to sin and mess up and go back to my old ways than I think I am. What foolish thinking on my part.

Allowing myself to understand...to give myself grace...to better use my time and gifts...and to keep moving...AND to reconnect with God in a new, humbling way.

No comments:

Post a Comment