Thursday, December 29, 2011

Beautiful Nothingness

2009's Photos from Parents House


It's amazing when you have time to literally do nothing. Here at my parents house it's a relaxing setting of just hanging out, letting the kiddos rest in the afternoon and catching up on your own thoughts. I could be ambitious and read the book I need to read, I could write to those people I've been meaning to send cards to and I could do a project for my mom...but I'd rather sit and rest and think and not do.

It's a beautiful moment to do nothing and with the intention and non-guiltness of nothing. I wish I could say that we have that built-in margin in our lives for rest and relaxation (and we somewhat do with a toddler not into activities yet) but there is still time where we could but we don't. That is something I'd like to make a priority in....creating margin to create rest times and reflection times in our home.

Non-cluttered, non "to-do's" time where you don't stare at the projects that need done but can simply be still. [It also helps being in someone else's home, you don't need to, have to or even want to change things.]

No comments:

Post a Comment