Saturday, September 25, 2010

30th Birthday

(Statistics) Thirty is:
• A stage in young adulthood
• The minimum age for United States senators
• At age 30, you're older than 42 percent of Americans.
• You're 26 percent less likely to make a New Year's resolution in your 30s... but if
you do make one, you're 26 percent more likely to stick to it.
• The average person has had 7.5 jobs, and you'll have 2.4 more by age 35.
• 0.036 percent of people are in elementary school at age 30.
• 30 is the average age of retirement for NFL players.
• At age 30 (according to most biblical scholars) Jesus of Nazareth was baptized by
John the Baptist, at the beginning of his public ministry of teaching and healing.
• Western Christianity's most prolific 20th century essayist, F. W. Boreham in 'Life
at Thirty' ('Cliffs of Opal') mentions that in addition to Jesus commencing ministry
at 30 (Luke 3:23), Joseph was 30 when he stood before Pharaoh, King of Egypt
(Genesis 41:46), King David was 30 when he began to reign (2 Samuel 5:4), and the
Levites were numbered from the age of 30 and upward (1 Chronicles 23:3).

READ "Turning 30 by Andy Rooney" - google it.

For my 30th birthday I decided that I wanted to celebrate and celebrate I did though not in the "traditional" sense. I went to the Doodlebug Retreat (Fri-Sun) and FINALLY made our wedding albums and picked through pictures I wanted to keep and those extras that I needed to get rid of and it was a BLAST!! (pictures to come later)


In addition, I took the day of my birthday off to reflect and consider things and kind of redirect where I wanted to go now and how to consider things.

I reminisced and also looked forward. That night I had a get-together at a friend's house of my closest "sisters" here in southern Indiana and it was so relaxing and comforting.


It was a wonderful evening of pampering!



Group picture!

No comments:

Post a Comment