Thursday, June 10, 2010

LMFT National Exam

I did it. I finally took the test I'd been waiting to take since graduation of grad school in 2006. I thought about taking it right out since we were in Kentucky still but waited (probably out of fear)...so then came to Indiana and knew I couldn't take it for awhile...then legislature passed for my group to be able to take it if we desired. I jumped on board and was quickly haulted by bureacrative processes and then questions from the board. This was Fall of 2008...then sent in my syllabus along with a letter, and did not hear anything for months. Continued to inquire and then eventually was approved to take the test in July of 2009. Ian was not quite 7 months old and studying at that point was not an option.

So I waited...began counseling again (since I am in the crack between the legislature and my graduating class date - it is ok), and decided that the last window of opportunity before I would have to reapply was a good one for this May-June window and it worked out. I studied and studied...and studied...and studied. My contacts would be sticking to my eyes...I gained 10-15 lbs. between beginning of April (even with the mini-marathon) to now (mid-June) due to anxiety, over-eating and underexercising. Sometimes I forget what stress and anxiety do to me.

But ALAS, I took it and Lordwilling it is done. I find out in 6 weeks if I passed and if I did then...I believe God has some new things in store for me.
I'll be somewhat "legit" and though I will still need to gather my hours and only work part-time. It will take awhile to be fully licensed...but that is ok. Because I'm not willing to sacrifice time with my family that I have, getting burned out if I worked full-time 50 hrs a week, doing billing and paperwork and not able to be who God has designed me to be. His purpose...not mine.

We will see.

No comments:

Post a Comment