Saturday, June 12, 2010

Cats vs. Dogs


With the experience of having a dog in our house and in our lives once again for a full week. I think I have concluded that they are more work than cats.

Growing up I had a puppy named Tippy whom I adored and he adored me. He lived for 14 years and died suddenly in the summer of a high school year. I mourned tremendously and just knew that I would not be able to have a dog for many years to come. It hurt too badly. I still loved dogs and do enjoy them even now...but I've found that my life's rhythm is with my cats. They are laid back, playful at times - spontaneously so and shrug off life's hardships. They cuddle when we are close and usually like to stay in the same room but they are never on top of us, never lick us and simply purr.

Yes I do believe that I am a cat-lover and a dog-liker. Now newborn puppies are a different story (LOVE newborn and just walking puppies!). I don't think we'll be owning a dog anytime soon but it was fun to have the opportunity to experience having one again - his loyalty, companionship and ongoing presence was nice for the time-being.

1 comment:

  1. Agreed. I love dogs...but our life just is not conducive to having one. And to think of how long it has been since that picture was taken :-).

    ReplyDelete