Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Gluttony & Cookies


So I am a sucker for sweets and for chocolate and for sugar. I just gorged on a number of cookies and I realize continually how thankful I am that God helps to remind me that gluttony is a sin and that I need to turn from it. Thank you for stomach-aches! Yes I know it sounds weird but I am thankful for that consequence so I won't do it again.

I realized also that when I was running in the mornings last week that my decisions about food and my body-image were much more positive and really made a difference in how I interacted with my own world. There was a shift that occurred. I want to write about that because it really meant something to me. I was surprised by it, I had more energy and was much more purposeful with how I dealt with life - especially Mark and Ian. I was calmer, more self-confident and felt like I accomplished something.
Then.....I got sick, ran early Saturday and could not Sunday or Monday...got worse Tuesday and now it is Wednesday. So tomorrow I AM RUNNING! We humans really do put ourselves in predicaments when we allow ourselves to make bad decision after bad decision.
There is a commercial out now that depicts eating a cereal bar to start out your day will lead to better choices because you feel better about yourself. I am convinced of this however I often do not take the time to begin with the healthy choices so then it's easier to give in and give up. All to say - I messed up and now need to move on...

No comments:

Post a Comment