Thursday, December 16, 2021

Thursday Therapy :: You are Exactly Where You Need to Be


This is a phrase that I repeat to myself when questioning how far I have come in the struggles, careers or life ambitions I have had. It is a reminder that my pace may be different from another person's pace and that although I may not be where I want to be, I am further now than where I used to be.

There are times where I am literally desperate to hear encouragement with my inner voice. This phrase reminds me of who I am and why I am here. It takes me back to life's timing and pacing and God's divine interventions in my life. 

The bigger picture and taking the long-view of faith is what grounds me in this phrase. I wouldn't be where I am unless I learned through the hardships that I've endured. I have not taken the linear road in my profession nor will I receive any accolades from colleagues or prestigious journals because I have not walked that path in academia as I thought I might.

So it is ok, I am exactly where I need to be.



No comments:

Post a Comment