Friday, December 10, 2021

The Hunt for a Book Title :: Brainstorming

The Hunt for Wonder: Reclaiming your Life through Exploration and Compassion

This came to my mind as a book title or article title or SOMETHING!

The original title I've pondered is From Hurt to Hope: The Way is Through, Not Out or : Practicing How to Release, Receive, Resolve and Reach Out.
Reorienting our lives into fresh perspectives when our lens has been tainted by the world's disappointments, traumas, mental health and our own fallenness is a likened to a spiritual discipline in my life.
It is a constant, daily practice of recognizing that all I see is not ONLY what is present. I find myself wishfully dreaming of being rescued from my own demons and strongholds, but then acknowledging that I must do the deep soul work needed. Only I can make such a decision for my life.
I can read a thousand books and go through a million more "guided" journals on those books but in the end if I don't actually take action outwardly then I will remain stuck in paralysis.
This has been the last five years of my life as I have taken various risks professionally and personally and courses and signed up for email lists and listened to advice and a constant digestion of information...but now I need to act.
Trauma and little "t" trauma adds up and in my case, it was vicarious/secondary trauma with helping others (social work/marriage & family therapy) along with coping with our family's mental health struggles, stresses in ministry, then raising two boys. Accumulation is a dangerous tool for burn out.
It is only in the last two years that I have started to unpack slowly, very slowly...the impact of ministry, boundaries, secondary trauma, my role, my mind, my heart and God's continual companionship.

No comments:

Post a Comment