Friday, September 4, 2020

Beginning a Writing Practice

As September begins to unfold I desire to really being a daily writing practice.

In the past, it has involved bullet points and scribbles or doodles or quotes or ponderings.
God never ceases to amaze me when He has me put pen to paper because it if often messages to Him or what feels like messages FROM Him to me.

They are often gentle and life-giving, rarely as dark as they used to be.
And I realized why, there's hope present with our family.

For a long period of time, we felt a lack of hope, a lack of growth, a lack of support and it all mattered. In this new Fall season (yes I'm calling it Fall) because I'm ready for it as much as I enjoy sunshine and heat.

Hope truly changes everything.
When I worked alongside the NICU (neonatal intensive care unit) nurses between 2012-2016 as I filled in and then eventually moved into the full-time role of social worker there. I learned early on that when any sign or conversation included "HOPE" in a baby's situation, everyone involved would have an emotional shift. It changed everything, just knowing that there "might" be a chance for good or better or living or quality.

It's the same in everyday-mundane life.
HOPE changes everything.
The fact that we know based upon science and Biblical Truth that our minds can be renewed, retrained, regenerate particular cells that help us think better, make wiser choices and that inevitably impact everyone else around us for good is beyond AMAZING.

Even the simple belief that we CAN or WILL do something, moves our minds into another gear that leads us into an outcome we desire (not always) but more often than not. We get to CHOOSE and have a CHOICE.

Hope changes everything.
So I will write and keep practicing.

No comments:

Post a Comment