Monday, September 17, 2018

Minimalist Challenge: Day One

Define your Personal Style

I struggle to define my own personal style because immediately I want to pinterest everything I like to see what "my style is" and yet it falls short of probably the reality of my everyday life with family and pets.

However, one thing I do know...I LOVE the coffee house feel even though I do not like the taste nor really the smell of coffee, but I enjoy Chai Tea Lattes with skim milk.

I desire the atmosphere that is in coffee shops: collaboration, community, warm scents and liquids, cozy feelings of graduate school really. The intimate lighting, white space for my brain and occasionally the chosen art piece that gets me thinking or inspired.

There is freedom to me in these environments where the walls and the seating set the stage for meaningful thought or conversation. New ideas, special memories, connection. So to sum it up, the WOOD, White, Warmth, Lighting, black accents, clean slate/endless possibilities feeling that these spaces bring to me.





But I would venture to say that my Personal Style also includes Teals, Turquoise, pictures of laughter or hugs. The soundtrack of my life is upbeat and then mellow with nostalgic rhythms here and there from Coldplay and U2. Norah Jones I'm sure is in there with Michael Buble. And maybe this is more or less where I would want to write and paint. Because life isn't so perfect like this. 

I do like nice pillows but the reality is that they end up on the ground to become pathways to stay away from "hot lava" or become doors to hidden caves where superheros live. Keeping them clean or without wear isn't doable nor the aim of the space since it fosters creativity.

Bohemian and Whimsical are the styles that keep coming up in my results for style quizzes so yeah I'd like that. But living with family changes everything. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment