Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Summer FOCUS & Shifting Our Mindsets

What is it about Summer that helps us all take a breath and sigh?

We crave different foods and different movements than we do in the winter. I know somehow my mind has more space to think and dream.

It's evident that our environments impact us in ways we may never know and in more obvious ways like the weather.

It's all in mindset: motivation that is.
That's how it is helpful to be in community with others and not striving on our own.
I wouldn't have done the triathlon on Saturday if it wasn't for someone asking me and challenging me to do it.
I wouldn't have done my first full marathon without Mark showing me how to create a training schedule.
I wouldn't have bounced back after having my two kids without the support of groups.
And I KNOW I wouldn't have shifted my view and mindset on food with the Made to Crave group last summer and subsequently stuck with it over this past year.

Coaching and community allow for new growth and although I may not be where I want to be yet...I'm way farther than I would have been by taking the time to step into the opportunity to help others and to be in community with others.

Summer FOCUS Challenge group is in pre-season week this week and officially starts next week. Each month I run a free group with relevant topics and provide resources for others and once a month I participate and facilitate online accountability groups to foster community and motivation.

Don't sell yourself short. There's more to growth than just reading out it. The secret is in the ACTION.

No comments:

Post a Comment