Saturday, June 2, 2012

Organization

It is a subject I love and yet my natural tendency wages war against it. I categorize but seem to create piles that lead to other piles. The 15 minute break seems to work best for me but it's remembering to do it that gets me.
Here are some ideas from Simplify101.com's blog. Thinking of my own situation of moving and then knowing that we will be (Lordwilling) moving again. Thinking of my mom's situation with retiring and reorganizing her home after leaving her classroom for 17 years.

Declutter. One of the simplest, fastest and least expensive ways to freshen up any space (and boost your feelings about it) is to clear out some clutter. Let go of tools and supplies you no longer love and are unlikely to use. Create some breathing room in your file cabinets by clearing out paperwork from completed projects and tasks. Reevaluate the items on your desk, and eliminate anything that isn’t either a daily essential or inspiring to your eye. Getting rid of even 15 minutes worth of clutter will breathe new energy into your space and make you feel happier when you’re there.

Use creative storage solutions. Freshen up your work space with some creative storage solutions. Stock up on brightly colored flower pots or metal buckets and use them to corral basic office supplies such as pens, pencils and scissors. Use a ceramic egg crate or votive holders for small office essentials such as paper clips, rubber bands and extra staples. Repurpose favorite ceramic bowls for Post-it notes, small notepads and index cards.

How to Create a Command Center Folder

Organize your Creative Space Online Workshop
Just thought I'd share....love it.

2 comments:

  1. I enjoy your blog, Kara! However, I do not enjoy organizing--but occasionally the mood will strike and I will stay up until way too late trying to organize the whole house in one night--Tim is always amused :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll take it into consideration.... :) After I'm rested. I don't know about you, but I'm bushed! I couldn't have done it without you! God is so good. Sorry I didn't really know your due date for your other pregnancy. I remember feeling like I lost something too. I'm not you and I have never lost a child, but I truly feel for you. Love you, Mom

    ReplyDelete