Wednesday, March 30, 2022

Creating A Guiding Writing Statement

The entire process of creating a statement that summarizes why I write and who I write for has been a challenge. I have had to dig deep into my own experiences, gifts and potential contributions to this world to really create this statement. There are several different formats I have utilized in preparing this statement and each have put a different spin on the issues I choose to focus on. Nonetheless, three years later I feel like I have narrowed down this statement to be something clear and mostly concise.

Hope*Writers (Guided Hope Circle) Format:
Problem: Women are stuck, living in pain, disengaged, in survival mode

Cause: Pain, Disappointed by life circumstances and relationships, Seeing through a lens of pain 

Solution: I provide four practical principles to move them towards a lens of HOPE, which reignites a passion for life. 


I help __________ (describe your reader)

• To _____________(what you help them with) 

• Through ___________(how you help them) 

I help women stuck in survival mode, disengaged and disappointed to move from experiencing life through a lens of pain to a lens of hope by practicing four principles that reignites their passion for life. 

Donald Miller (Story Brand's) Format: 

Problem: Women are stuck, living in pain, disengaged, in survival mode

Today many women (experience life or see) through a lens of pain and are stuck living in survival mode, disengaged and struggling to work through life’s disappointments.


Explain your plan/product to help them: Book

I provide practical/experiential steps for women to move from experiencing life through this lens of pain into a lens of hope 


Describe a successful ending to their story: reigniting a passion for life

to reignite a passion for life, so they can gain energy and build courage to thrive.

Today many women are living in survival mode, disengaged and struggling to work through life’s disappointments. I write about four practical principles that move women from survival mode to thrive mode in shifting from a lens of pain to a lens of hope reigniting their passion for life.


No comments:

Post a Comment