Monday, September 2, 2019

August Happened

I wish I could say that I was more proactive than reactive with August. I tried my best to prepare our medical providers' and documents and to complete all Kentucky forms for our kids so they could seamlessly enroll in the school we wanted.

I admittedly freaked out way too much and stressed myself out, but it was all done and completed well. After decluttering the house in July, it was time for me to sort and let go of possessions we didn't want to move on August 21st so I went to town and got rid of a lot of stuff (it didn't look like it by the time the house was packed up, but it's less than it was.)

The moving day was hard, fast, chaotic, and tiring but it happened and except for a few items, nothing broke. I unpacked what I could and tried to put more in storage, but boxes still remain in the truck bed since our storage unit is packed. Going from a 6 bedroom, 3 bathroom with a basement 2200 sq ft to a 3 bedroom, 1 bathroom maybe a 1000 sq ft rental had it's challenges. But when I think of it, I'd been waiting to do this kind of move for a while and even while watching Tiny House Nation.

The boys acclimated to school and are still working towards that with our church. Our oldest son has developed a good friendship and we await our youngest to continue to make some friends. Our 17th anniversary came and went without much fuss or fanfare. There was just too much going on, so maybe a trip or outing later this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment