Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Controversial Frozen Bananas

The topic I'm about to open up about is one that I had always considered "controversial" until I actually stepped forward with a pure heart. Whenever I saw posts or advertisements about any supplements or shakes I turned 180 degrees from it because it symbolized weakness to me. It symbolized a failure of some sort to me in my mind and somehow I just kept thinking "well if I just eat more vegetables and stay away from junk food then I wouldn't need that stuff anyway."
It wasn't until I began my own research into HOW our foods TODAY are made that led me to reconsider the topic. Our food system is messed up and run from the money point of view and not always from the "what is best for our communities" mentality.

I researched (looked over and extensively read about) 12 different shakes that could be identified as either protein shakes or meal replacements. 
I never wanted to replace a meal so-to-speak because I have an eating disorder background in my teens and didn't want to trigger that. Instead, I knew that I needed to fuel better for running. I needed to take my nutrition to the next level to overcome EMOTIONAL and stess eating.



The nutrient-dense, superfood (more-than-just-another-protein-powder-shake) Shakeology convinced me and was reasonablly priced but not the cheapest. Well quality is QUALITY.

A visit from my friend/coach Rachel and subsequently watching her go to China to pick up her daughter, moved my heart to further consider fueling my body with Shakeology and to commit to the portion control eating plan I needed.

Now I am here 8 months later. I am STILL HERE and this morning, my "smoothie" as I call it, was fantastic. FROZEN BANANAS are my secret and the powder for Vanilla, Chocolate, Vegan Chocolate are my favorites.
BUT FROZEN BANANAS make it awesome and the PB2 has opened up my world too. I have consumed more Cinnamon, Vanilla & Peppermint Extract, All Spice, Pumpkin and Spinach than I have in my life!

I want you invite you the try it. It's about $4 a shake and the STRUCTURE has allowed me new FREEDOM to stick to my portion control eating plan.

I'm learning not to judge things before I try them and I'm so glad I began this. It's such an awesome and yummy TOOL.

Message me if you are curious and have more questions or email me at
kmessmore@beachbodycoach.com.





No comments:

Post a Comment