Sunday, November 15, 2015

Leading & Loving It :: 2015

Nuggets abounded throughout the entire Re:Treat in Nashville, TN this last week. For women in ministry and pastor's wives, it was so refreshing and engaging. None of us are "just a woman in ministry" nor are we "normal". I'm still astounded by the style that these women had because if you know me you know that I have a "style" however when I'm relaxed it primarily shows as race shirts and jeans. I'm not glitzy or trendy rather I'm simply comfortable. Is it evident yet that I wish I did "style" more? I do, confession made, time to move on.

I won't lie, I cried a lot. When you finally let loose of the chains of rush and life and simply present yourself before Jesus, He moves and He moves BIG.

Below are some of my notes and things that hit me during the sessions:

@LORIWILHITE  @BRANDIANDBOYS
What if our roles were more about God (thankfulness) and less about myself?

Unlock Community :: friendship is built on what we don't have to say
                                 :: vision gives pain a purpose
                                 :: gives thanks to God for His love never quits
Unlock Confidence :: Galatians 1:1 "I am Commissioned"
Unlock Peace :: it surpasses understanding
Unlock Healing :: He'll fix what is broken

~~ Personally: I locked up uncertainty...there's a lot going on in my life on the level of what God is doing, He is giving and taking away.

@LISEHARPER; LISAHARPER.NET
Navigate the High and Low Points
Mark 9 - God redeemed Moses' story (he didn't get to go into the Promise Land; however, he met Jesus on the mountain)
- learnings: we get to commune with God!  Jesus leans down to listen to my prayers! DO NOT forget to Pray!!

"It is helplessness, not holiness that is the first step to access God." ~ Tim Keller

~~ Personally: I see that a valley, a new season is about to come, I'm on a mountain after running the marathon. I'm presented with several options with work and can see clearly that my family needs more of me. Things are becoming clear and choices have to be made.

@NYEATTS; NOELYEATTS.COM
Worldhelp.net - Child Sponsorship - Trips - Various Missions
* Acknowledge the Needs - what gets our own attention?
* Find your place
* Make this a lifestyle - a Culture

When overwhelmed: acknowledge you are a small part of His story
                                : it's not MY story; we are only supporting actors
                                : long for a different world/a new world; embrace the global world

REMEMBER WHO WE ARE AS PEOPLE OF FAITH; Who God Called Us to Be
Get Uncomfortable

~~Personally: I struggle with seeing all the needs because I walk daily in a world of heroin and in the knowledge that infants will be sent home with parents who don't deserve them and who may mistreat them regardless of what I can do. I live in an overwhelming awareness that evil is present BUT I also live in a local world of seeing miracles a lot. I struggled to feel led to address the global needs when I'm entrenched in the local needs. Noel stated to me "I have the opposite place because I see all the global needs and struggle to hear and feel led to address the local needs. It's OK. You are called to the local arena, I am called to the global arena."

@JULIERICHARD; FEARLESSMOM.COM
"Mistakes are only wasted if kept to ourselves."
You can control how to respond and how to act.

Luke 1 - Zechariah and Elizabeth were pregnant with John the Baptist and Mary visited Elizabeth and Elizabeth only had praise and encouragement for Mary (not jealousy, no envy, only love).

Learning: be content with my capacity; stay in your own lane. Be confident in your own CALLING.

LOVE God: LOVE His HOUSE: LOVE His WAYS

{{SHAKE OFF the Nay-Sayers}}

Run your own Race & make sure that it's God that you chase...people are sinners..Galatians 6:9, in the proper time (God's time) you WILL reap a harvest

~~Personally: this speaks volumes to me to encourage other women in my life towards their best in Christ and not envy their success or their perceived success; to remain faithful in my present Calling and stay in my lane

Speaker Q&A
"if it doesn't edify me then don't listen to them"

We live in a Culture of Critique - strive to build others up, be loyal

Receive PLAY :: ease , comfort, safety, laughter

Friendship are either for a: REASON/SEASON/LIFETIME (sometimes we are disappointed when friends end up being in another category than we had thought they were)

[OVERWHELMED] by Linda and Larissa
You can control your schedule
1) Get Healthy (sleep, eating)
2) Reprioritize your Life
3) Create & Develop Margin - space reserved for the unexpected (between success versus stress); a necessity; Isaiah 26 having perfect peace; happen purposefully   
     - identify priorities & non-negotiables (meals together, dates, mom mode, quiet God times)
     - narrow your focus (invest in one, simplify)
     - schedule times of rest to function at our best (it's ok to do nothing; turn off the noice; morning time/evening time)

4) Saying NO - quickly identify when placed on the spot; Acts 6:1-6 You have to know what your devotion will be to; John 5:19 Be prayerful in the details of life
5) Time-Management - Psalm 90:12; time-inventory/set limits with your phone/find pockets at a time/calendars
    - Don't try to push the river, it will flow by itself. (blooms & catepillars)
    {Enjoy when you are in the moment.}

~~Personally: I know this is an area of constant struggle and although I feel that myself and my family are doing it right...I still find myself in RUSH-MODE so many times and for what? and for whom?

@LISAYOUNGFC; FELLOWSHIPLIVE.COM
Share from the overflow of your Heart

The church is the bride of Christ...building the church
Unlikely people
Unlikely circumstances
Unlikely response - perseverence

Our only role model should be JESUS

Deserts - Jesus time in the desert being tempted by Satan
1) enter the desert : full of the Holy Spirit
    - take time to be in the Holy Spirit
    - drawing away in silence
2) enter the desert : equipped with the Word of God 
    - God Word is meant to transform : Peter's declaration of faith "you are the Son of God"
3) enter the desert : aware of the resources & God's provision
    - God will give resources & people you enjoy  (P-I-E: People I Enjoy)
4) enter the desert : pursuing your purpose (use your pain) 
LET YOUR PAIN HAVE A PURPOSE

~~Personally: WOW, WOW, WOW - I'm about to go into a desert time and what timely wisdom to hold on to!! I LOVE PIE "People I Enjoy". 

@DRTARAJENKINS; TARAJENKINS.ORG
PUT YOUR FOOT DOWN - make a decision today
1) Take a Stand - take the chains off
   - not a feeling, a decision
   - He orders my STEPS and my STOPS
2) Stop Faking a Stand
   - live on the "dash"  (birth date - death date)
3) Life can come & SHAKE your Stand
    - Eph 6:13, when this is done all...STAND
    - enemy tries to distract you
    - shaking - the people you thought were devouted are actually debree
Hab: 3:19 & 2 Samuel 22:34 - He Transforms what you are, where you are.

~~Personally: Take a Stand Kara, live on the dash, this is a short life and loving the local church is not easy. It is hard, people can be hard but keep standing. Keep Standing!

No comments:

Post a Comment